Getting into that comfort food season it's easy to grab the carb-loaded dishes and forget about the veggies. But, what if we combined the two! This recipe combines a decadent mixture of comfort and low carb. Tested by our staff, this recipe is delish! If you don't want the mess of cutting up a head of cauliflower for this recipe you can always substitute for a pound of riced cauliflower from a local grocery store. Wow your family with this tasty side dish!
Full blog post can be seen HERE
1 large head cauliflower
4 slices bacon, diced
2 cloves minced garlic
½ cup chicken broth
¼ cup heavy cream
½ cup shaved parmesan
2 tablespoons minced parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Chop the cauliflower into large florets and add to the bowl of a food processor. Process until you have rice sized chunks of cauliflower. Alternately, purchase a one pound package of riced cauliflower or chop the cauliflower by hand.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and fry until crisp, stirring often. Drain the grease.
3. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the cauliflower rice and chicken broth and stir to combine.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
6. Remove the lid and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the chicken broth has evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
7. Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Deliciousness in a dish!
(Kristine Burke, M.D.) Great medical practice and team. Dr. Burke's personal attention to detail and explanation to my questions are greatly appreciated. I'm so grateful I found Dr. Burke. Her enthusiasm and knowledge is refreshing as we dig through years of health issues I could not find solutions or causes for. I found out many of my issues resulted from damaging prescrip...
(Kristine Burke, M.D.) I love this practice model! I've never felt better. Find the problem and fix it instead of treat the problem with drugs - brilliant!
(Kristine Burke, M.D.) I greatly appreciate the availability of the Dr.'s time and short waits for appointments. I think being rushed in and out serves little purpose. From the day I started going to Dr. Burke I expressed my expectations of my doctor, which are what we get now. I'm sure there is a lot I don't understand in terms of insurance coverage and laws in this state,...
(Kristine Burke, M.D.) I am pleased with the practice because you are an essential part of my health improvement plan, my health is improving, I like the extensive nature of healthcare, the practice continues to evolve in a positive direction, the amount of time spent with Dr. Burke is excellent, I don't feel rushed and all questions are answered, and the staff is helpful, ...
(Kristine Burke, M.D.) I like that I am not just treated for a specific symptom, but that my overall health is evaluated. I like that I can call and usually get an appointment for myself or my children within 24 hours, and sometimes the same day if crucial. The fact that my daughter gets free healthcare through her employer (Sutter Health) and sees Sutter providers but she ...
I feel sooo.....happy that I was introduced to True Health Center For Functional Medicine. All of the employees are present and much more involved in the individual's health. Thank You!